2019年12月的存档

英诗翻译 In me, past, present, future meet by Siegfried Sassoon

2019年12月4日星期三
译者 观鱼
近读流传甚广的余光中所译Siegfried Sassoon一首诗,发现余氏译文有形无神,于是尝试重新翻译。
In me, past, present, future meet,在我心里,过去、现在和未来重聚,
To hold long chiding conference. 久久的互相斥责,斥责又喘息。
My lusts usurp the present tense 我的欲夺取了现在的一切
And strangle Reason in his seat. 一切的理智都被扼杀在摇篮里。
My loves leap through the future’s fence 我的爱踯躅在遥远的未来,
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet. 未来的舞步充满幻梦的气息。
In me the cave-man clasps the seer, 在我心里,野蛮人和预言家交缠在一起,
And garlanded Apollo goes 而拈花一笑的如来佛竟在
Chanting to Abraham’s deaf ear. 姜子牙的聋耳畔唱诗。
In me the tiger sniffs the rose. 在我心里,一只虎可以轻嗅玫瑰。
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble, 如果你能看见,朋友,你应颤栗,
Since there your elements assemble. 只因在那里,你和你终成一体。